Saturday, December 6, 2008

Invisable Presents

When i was 11 or 12 years old it was either 1981 or 1982. At Christmas on one of those years, someone unexpectedly came to our door with a food parcel. Well, maybe Mum expected it, but us kids sure didn't.
In that box was every day food items, some Christmas food and some wrapped kids presents for my sister and I. I don't remember what the other present was but mine was a game of Chinese checkers and i loved it!
I didn't realise it then, but that gift of giving would become one of my most treasured memories.
I wish there was some way that i could track down whoever gave us that ordinary cardboard box with the extra-ordinary present. Because the unseen present in that box was the heart to pass it on by spending a life looking for ways to give to others.