Tonight i went out to the local pub/restaurant with other mums from our local school. I took my own alcohol as it was cheaper, and snuck it into my glass when no-one was looking. I've done that since i was a teenager lolI got pretty sloshed but it was a good night.
An hour before we left, we went to the poker machines. I don't use poker machines because i have a highly addictive personality so it's best just to stay away from things that i know to be problematic.
A guy who was my supervisor at my job was in the poker room with us. He kept wanting to chat so i talked with him. Then he started buying me drinks [because he'd won on Keno so why not?] and that was OK. But then he started flirting and quite openly, and going on about how nice i am.
He's a really nice guy and i really was quite flattered, but it was my priority to let him know that I'm very happily married [To a gorgeously spunky man i might add!]
Both of us were a little intoxicated. Well, i was. I don't know how far gone he was. and here's the reason for my post.
His pocket was filled with $50 notes that he'd won on Keno. Every time he bought me a drink, he gave me a $50 note and asked me to get him a beer while i was getting myself a drink.
Every time i took him his drink, he didn't ask for his change. But i gave it to him anyway, because it was the right thing to do.
But i have to admit, things are really tight for us at the moment where money is concerned. And each time i returned with change, i contemplated taking advantage of his lack of care for this new money by not giving it back.
How long did i think about it?
20 years ago i wouldn't have thought twice about keeping it and waited for him to ask for it back.
But now, 10 years on, i couldn't do it. I coulda made a couple of hundred bucks off this guy, but i didn't. The dishonest thoughts were very fleeting ones.
Now I'm home, and even more intoxicated! I still feel flattered about my supervisor flirting with me. Bit of an ego boost actually :o)
I'm really glad that my level of honesty has grown over the years, That even though i was fairly pissed, i was mindful of right and wrong, and that my moral fibre isn't swayed by an attractive man with a few $$ to throw around!
Go me!