Port Maquarie
All of Johns family live in Port Maquarie, an eastern Australian town half way between Brisbane & Sydney. We usually holiday there and soak up the beach. The last time we went, We all decided that we might like to sell up and live there. Because Johns family are there and because the climate is so much better for our health as a family. I was all good with that..... Then we came home.I love our little town. I've never belonged anywhere before and in the 10 years we've lived here, i've grown to know everybody on some level. We are a hub to 3 bigger towns and we know those towns just as well. Jason and i agree that this is our 'Home'. Rose, however, hates that this small town is small enough that everyone knows our business. John is happy to move because he never put roots down anyway. He has never made an attempt to make friends or fit in. Jason, i, and even DJ have utilised his town and made it our own. I know that climate & family is a good reason to leave. But i'm scared to leave this place we've spent 10 years making our home. I've never known this belonging before, And to be honest, i doubt we'll ever have this again. John and Rose dont understand our resilience, but the more i look around, the sadder i feel. I'm usually the optimist in the family - pushing forward and keeping the family emotionally afloat. But this time, i feel like i've made a deal with the devil that i cant get out of.
How many wives feel like that? Agreeing to totally up heave their lives/happiness/worlds in order to satisfy the family as a whole?
* We didnt even look like we were going to move. Once John looked at how much we had to do to our house in order to sell it, he changed his mind real quick. Yay! lol
