Saturday, August 25, 2012

Simmering Tides

I am at a serious cross road in my life. About a month ago the kids and i went away for a few days. During that time i thought a lot about my life as i was growing progressively restless in all areas of my life, from my marriage to my hobbies. I have a good life. My husband is my best friend [even though we lead different lives] We have great, healthy kids and overall i couldn't ask for more. But i was feeling like the ground with shifting under my feet. Like i was changing in myself and shedding a skin.
So after much thinking, i decided everything has to change. I dont like my life anymore and i want a new one. I told John that i need some excitement in my life or i'm going to find it in other places and i'd rather John & i did exciting stuff together than me go out to have fun without him, and us growing apart. I told him that my needs had changed, They arent the same at 40 that they were at 30. I feel restless. Very, very restless. I need a different career path, more active hobbies, more spontaniousness. More family interaction [as we all kinda do our own things] He accepted my reasoning and decided my ideas were good, and life started shaking up a bit in some areas & it got awesome! For about 3 weeks.....

Then an old knee injury hit me like a ton of bricks and knocked me on my ass! At the moment i can barely walk most of the time, and because of that, all that effort has hit a stand still. John has lapsed back to his computer in the corner and his possitive attitude has gone. His new spontanious attitude has left with it. He is sick with a cold at the moment, but even in his good moments, it's nowhere. And i feel like the last 3 weeks was a lie.

And i sit here, with a bung knee, feeling like a pot put on a back burner to simmer. And i feel like as soon as the doc figures out how to fix my knee, my lid is going to blow and i'll end up going in the wrong direction completely! That scares me.