I met the little girls [Jordyn] mum [Lisa] one day when she came to collect her, and i mentioned that Jordyn kinda just follows Rose around and doesn't say anything. Lisa said that Rose looked a lot like a young relative that Jordyn doesn't see often. So i asked Rose to be pateint with her. Over time the two girls became great friends, and funnily, so did Lisa and i, Even though other than our children we had NOTHING in common!
The girls started at different primary schools and made new freinds, and we moved to a different town, but they still saw each other every other weekend and were still best freinds!
But Lisa was a bit homesick for her old coastal town that was hours away. With her husband, they wanted to renovate their house, get a great price for it, and move back to their home town.
But they couldn't wait, so they left and paid other people to do the renovating.
Bye Jordyn
Bye Lisa
I've never been one to make firm freindships. As kids, my sister and i went to a new school every 6-12 months [another story] and even now i find it very hard bonding with people.
I lived in Orange longer than i'd ever lived anywhere [4 years]. I'd made two long term freinds, and one was leaving.
As i drove away from Lisa's that day after saying good bye, i realised that it doesn't matter how long you stick around for, people will always come and go, even when you're not the one doing the moving. And when you move away, eventualy the freindship will probably end.
Rose was losing her "bestest freind in the whole world".
We drove home in silence.
2 years past. Lisa and i kept in touch by ringing every 6 months or so. Rose didn't talk about Jordyn much, but she kept her photo in her room, and said she missed her every so often. I would go over to their place and make sure the gardens were reasonably tidy and the builders were doing what they said they were doing.
Then, just after Christmas, Lisa called me to say "Guess what?!?" They'd been down to look at the completed house and to get a estimated sale figure from real estates. But when they saw the house they fell in love with it again and decided to move back!
Well that was just awesomely awesome!
I didn't tell Rose. I waited till they had moved back, and one day i took her and Jason to Orange to do the shopping with me. I said, "We might pop in to check on Lisas house". When we pulled in the drive there were cars there and Rose thought other people had moved in. I said we'd go and check it out. We went in and only Nana was home. Lisa had gone to pick the kids up from school and was taking ages. So that kinda spoilt the surprise! We sat out the back and had a coffee while we waited. I told Rose what was really happening, but she didn't know what to think. She just sat there lol
When they got home, Rose raced to meet Jordyn. They'd both grown up so much! [They both start high school next year] They stared and considered each other for a minute then ran off to play.
Lisa walked and i just said, "Gee, can you take so long picking the kids up!?!" And she sat down and started talking about what she'd just been doing.
It was like no time had past between seeing each other at all. We had coffee and i bagged her out for putting all her furniture back in exsactly the same spots they were in before [Who does that??] And our time was comfortable and good.
Allthough, other than the children, we still have absolutely nothing in common! lol