Alix is having a baby. She is 17 and alone and having a baby. At first i was really angry. Angry that she'd made the choice to fall pregnant. Angry that she would plan to bring a baby into this world with no prospects.At the time she was living on the streets. She has no job, no money, no plans. She wasn't prepared to give up drugs, booze and unsafe sex. She just wanted a baby because it was a novalty idea, like bringing a kitten home, with no thought what so ever to the future. I couldn't believe an offspring of mine could bo so, so selfish! At that time, i didn't care about Alix, all i could think about was this poor baby, destined to be destitute.I was also angry because she had forced me into being a grandparent. I'm young and hip and way too young and groovy to be a grandmother, dam it! And too old to probably be a parent again!
But over time the baby's situation has grown on me. I have accepted that i'm now a grandparent. John and i have accepted that we'll probably end up raising this baby as our own.
I've talked Alix into moving back to our town so i can set her up in a flat and help her be a mother when the time comes.
She has no realistic idea of what is going to happen to her life in a few short months and she won't listen to anyone or even go to pre-natel classes. But my mission is to make sure this baby is loved and protected, no matter what.
She is having a boy and his name will be Jesse or Jez. Here he is at her 5 month ultrasound :o)
