Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Lamp

I have a lamp that Johnny bought,
A few Christmases ago.
It's one of my absolute favourite things,
It puts on an awesome show!
It looks just like plain white sticks,
In a plain matte silver vase.
But at night time it comes alive,
And looks as if it might come from Mars.
It's an optic fibre lamp,
but the colour moves across the branch base.
Like something out of a movie,
My secret lighted sticks in the vase.
I love to watch the colours move,
It almost puts me in a trance.
Red,
Purple,
Green,
Yellow,
White....
To the eyeballs, It's a dance.
For forty five dollars,
marked down from seventy five.
It's a great piece of art work,
Like a sculpture,
but alive.
Johnny knows how much i love that lamp,
the secretly colourful sticks.
And even though I'm not really materialistic,
I wouldn't part with it for quids!